The Holidays are here and it’s so exciting!! While I must admit I love to indulge on some holiday treats from cookies, cake to brownies. I know, I know, it is not so healthy. And I do eat healthy most of the time but there is just something about these soothing treats during the holidays that I just can’t stay away. I was thrilled to receive this healthier cookie recipe from the Fixate cook book that I absolutely love!! The cool thing about this recipe is that it's Non-GMO, Gluten Free and Sugar Free. Yep I am definitely ready for that holiday treat now 🍪😍. Check it out:
Serves: 26 (1 Cookie each)
Prep Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 16 min
What You Will Need:
3 Cups almond flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda, gluten free
¼ tsp. Sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
¼ Cup Extra virgin organic coconut oil, melted
¼ Cup Pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
1 Large egg
2 Large egg whites (1/4 Cup)
1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
½ Cup Semi-Sweet (or dark) Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a Medium bowl mix almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Beat oil and maple syrup in a large mixing bowl until creamy for about 4-5 minute.
- Add egg, egg whites, and vanilla extract; beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Mix almond flour mixture with egg mixture until blended and add chocolate chips. Continue to mix until all is blended.
- Drop by rounded Tbsp. onto baking sheet. flatten cookies with a spatula and bake for 14-16 Minutes, or until golden brown.
Check out more Fixate recipes here
Birth Doula | Childbirth Classes | Postpartum Health & Wellness Support
Serving: Wake County & Franklin County NC
Copyright © 2017 Birth N Wellness Hub. All rights reserved